Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I'm here


I'm here. We're here. We're having so much fun in our new house. It's so beautiful and light and just what I envisioned. It's the house I've always wanted and it's just so much fun. Remember a month ago I wrote how people kept asking me if I was excited and I never was.? I was so focused on the day to day duties and the work that needed to be done to actually move. Then there was the uncertainties ahead. What about being in a new neighborhood and new ward?  I really never once got excited. That is, not until our first night in the new home. It really hit me how beautiful it was and how cool it was. I was giddy with excitement and I kept saying to Aaron, "This house is so cool!"  There were so many hard times getting to this point. So much stress. But, I can now honestly say it was worth it. I never want this new house feeling to go away though I know it will.
Another difference has been having Aaron around. Everyday he is still there and not over at the house working. Of course he is still working because there is still more to do, but he is here and so are we.

Christmas was fun. I'll post more about that later. Thanks to my mom we had a tree to decorate.
Front window at night


Here's some of our boxes that are still not quite unpacked.  This picture shows how light it is in the house.  It's so wonderful!

Here's the old house. There's no comparison.

I'm so grateful for that old house though. We had some good times. Some really hard times too though...

As for moving we had so much help. It just kept coming and coming and coming in the form of help packing and lifting to cleaning and meals and babysitting. We LOVE our friends and family for getting us through this tough time.

Ok. Back to the house.

This is a picture of our first dinner at the dinner table.

Because Aaron wasn't around much and because the table was in the other room we got out of the habit of eating at the dinner table. New house, new start. We're not only going to actually eat dinner, but we're going to eat it at the table as often as possible.

Being in this house especially around Christmas time has been so magical. What more can you add to that?  How about a Hot Air balloon landing in the neighborhood. For real????
Lindsey spied it from her bedroom window and ran down to get us.  So cool.


On Christmas Eve we took a walk through the new neighborhood. I think we're really going to like it here. Though we miss the old neighborhood. Waaaa...




Ok. Ok. So we're the same family with the same problems, but this is such a good feeling. I really haven't had this kind of a feeling for a long time.

It's like having a baby and you want everyone to share the joy.  So, come see us everyone. We would love to have you in our home. It's so much fun!!!!!

4 comments:

lannandem said...

Nikki! So cool! Happy housewarming! Your pictures and post make lanning and i want to build a house! So glad all the hard work paid off:) We wanted to come visit you while we were in town for Christmas but we got sick so we headed back to idaho instead;( Can't wait to see you in your new home. It looks AWESOME!!!!

Carly said...

So happy for you guys. It is a beaut for sure. Best house on the block.

Colleen said...

I love, love, your house and all those people in the Middlefork Ward that took such good care of you. I want a house just like yours!
Hugs, mom

Robin said...

Love it Nik! So fun! Love you!