Thursday, March 21, 2013

Anger Management



Take a look at my little notebook.  I took some notes on an article I read on KSL that you can also read here.   I've been trying to manage my anger this week with the kids and I'm not sure I'm winning. People have always told me that I seem like such a laid back person.  I think for the most part I probably am, but when someone's yelling in my face or saying "mommy" over and over again while I'm trying to concentrate on something like making dinner, I come unglued.  I know people who can calmly take care of stressful situations like that and I keep trying to be like them, but it's SO hard.  This article tells me why I'm angry- it has to do with fear- in fact she says that all bad behavior can be traced back to fear.  So I'm trying to understand what she has to say and then make some improvements. Sometimes I improve for a couple of days and then take a few steps backwards. It can be frustrating trying not to be frustrated.
One thing I think that kept me on edge yesterday was that Brooke learned how to get out of her crib so she spent her nap time playing in her room. Then she was crazy the rest of the day. Getting her to sleep that night was rough. Thankfully I have a great husband who rocked her and sang to her until she fell asleep.  Last night there was a point where I said "I give up! I'm not fit to be a mom. I need a vacation"

Then the morning came and here I am and feeling better.  And I'm so grateful that although the wind is blowing and it's freezing outside the sun is shining.  I drive by this one spot in the neighborhood almost daily and this time I finally had my camera to take a shot.  I'll be back for more on another day.


Have an anger free day.

p.s sorry my blog keeps changing.  I just can't figure out how I want it to look.

1 comment:

lannandem said...

you're not alone Nik! i used to think of myself as an easy going, patient person but wow has motherhood opened my eyes!
there are some good articles about it on powerofmoms.com: 5 ways to deal with emotional earthquakes...and...nothing to say, something to suffer.
i LOVE to see your photo of the valley, so nostalgic...i can even smell the fresh earthy smell of the valley:)