I feel like we have a pet spider. I could have killed this spider weeks ago, but she looked so cool I left her there. We've all enjoyed watching her grow and mature into quite the young lady spider that she ought to be. She never moves so we always know right where to find her- hiding in the sunflowers.
According to Wikipedia this is a "writing spider" because of the zigzags you see in the center of her web. And, she bites, but she's not poisonous. Whew!!
I also learned on wikipedia that the much smaller male spider will weave a web right next to hers. We haven't seen any male spiders anywhere until today.
There are three male spiders, but they are all hanging out on her web so maybe they have to go to battle first to see who gets to be her man. Stay tuned for this exciting saga...


No comments:
Post a Comment