Monday, February 13, 2012

All Set


All set for Valentine's Day.
 This is our Valentine's breakfast tradition altered from what my mom did for me when I was young. One of my most favorite traditions of hers was the Valentine's breakfast. She always made it special with pancakes and orange juice and homemade cards. When I got married I decided to carry on the tradition. I used to make heart-shaped pancakes or muffins or eggs, but now we just eat cereal. I don't think it's special at all, but that's what the kids say they want to eat. The special part is that it is pink cereal that I don't usually buy.

Happy Valentines Day!

Note: while writing this post I heard Lindsey throwing up in her room. We've got other family members in the house sick so I wasn't sure at first who it was. She is so sad about it because she will probably be missing her class Valentine party tomorrow. That will make two years in a row. Poor girl. 
 After cleaning up the mess the baby woke up crying so my night is not yet over. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Tell Lindsey if it makes her feel any better she has company. John has Pnemonia and will miss his party as well. Luke is also missing him party. Wahh

lannandem said...

oh sad! It's no fun when kids are sick, especially on Valentines! Hopefully it's just a 24 bug and is on it's way out!May your day be filled with lots of LOVE! Love your breakfast tradition:)

Nikki said...

Good news. Lindsey felt good enough to go to her Valentine party though she went late.