Sunday, January 29, 2012

Skating Fun

This weekend it was my turn to pick the activity and I chose my favorite: skating.  There's an outdoor rink in a little town called Huntsville where we love to skate. It's well kept, never crowded, and every half hour or so the bells ring out at the church across the street. You can't beat that hometown feel. Over the years we've made a lot of memories there with family and friends. Because of the mild weather we hadn't been to the rink until yesterday. If the weather holds- which means stays cold- then hopefully we can make it up there once again this winter.  Here are the million pictures of our day-

Here's a picture of my beautiful friend Mary and her daughter Emma who is now taller than she. My sister Carly was also there, but I have no pictures to prove it.  Skating is always more fun with friends to share it with.




The kids had a lot of fun playing hockey


Cute Lindsey said she fell 90 times and I believe her. She just kept getting up again and I was so proud of her


There's a huge tree in the middle of the rink and it made a good resting spot.


Christian resting on top of the hockey goal.


Aaron always provides the hot chocolate.


Emma's face is red from playing hockey. She was having so much fun and she kept on going.


Christian and I made a couple rounds.


After the skating ended we found some extra fun in a field with sleds and a four wheeler.



The kids were freezing by now but still wanted more.

Here's the man who always takes us to have fun. I've renamed him the "Party Dad" Isn't he handsome?

And here's an updated picture of Brooke and myself.  Her blue eyes make mine look green.


1 comment:

lannandem said...

oh that is very nostalgic! Thanks for sharing Nikki! Wow, i can't believe Emma is already taller than Mary, when did that happen?!