Emma and Brooke
The neighborhood was buzzing tonight with the sound of four wheelers, snowblowers, and squealing children. We let the kids play long after dark because they were having so much fun and you never know if that time will come again this season.
The snow was perfect for packing and Lindsey worked really hard making an enormous snowman. It was so big that she needed Aaron to stack it up. I should have taken a picture of it right away because it only stood a half hour before crashing to the ground. I had just stepped out to offer a carrot for the nose when I looked over and to my surprise it tumbled over before my very eyes. It was so sad.
Later I decided to let Brooke in on the fun. I took her out on the porch and watched her kick and chatter with delight as she watched the snow fall. I realized that this was her very first time she was experiencing snow and I felt special to be there with her in that moment. I picked up a hand full and watched to see what she would think of it. She was timid and quickly drew away her hands after touching it but then seconds later she was reaching for more. You could tell she was enjoying the new discovery.
Everyday is a new adventure for her.
It's good to see the snow again. Let's hope I can drive through it tomorrow without having an anxiety attack:)

No comments:
Post a Comment