Christian is showing off the pumpkins to his friend Tanner. I like fall gardens because they are low maintenance. The tomatoes and zinnias are the only thing needing watering right now and the weeds just don't grow anymore.
I'm so glad I planted zinnias to replace the peas. I can see them out my back window and they are so pretty. They make me feel so happy!
Several years ago while on a visit to Aaron's Aunt Lonna's I was blown away by her garden. All along the edge of the garden was a 3 ft. border of zinnias. Her garden was not just about food but it was a work of art. From then on I wanted to plant zinnias and have a beautiful garden. To this day I'm just as excited about getting fresh vegetables as I am about seeing the variety of plants growing. In fact, we probably got 15 ears of corn from our stalks which doesn't seem worth planting, but I love seeing the corn stalks out there.
Also, you'll see zinnias planted somewhere at my house for the rest of my life because I save the heads of the plants and spread the seeds around the next year. I LOVE it!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment