Monday, September 2, 2013

School's on

School's on. My crazy life has picked up speed over the past couple weeks as I scrambled to get the kids ready for school.  Now I'm coaching soccer again and Aaron has checked out for the next few months until he finishes up our house.  I've been a complete basket case and I'm wondering what adjustments I need to make to return my life to a normal pace.  Maybe this is my new normal? Did I mention the house we are renting is now for sale? Everyday I pray that they don't call for a showing because the house is a disaster.   Even though my life is crazy it is good.  The rain fell this morning and it smells SO GOOD outside. September is my favorite month, I've been able to visit with friends this week, our neighbor offered to hang the doors in our house which saved Aaron hours,  and the house is looking cuter by the day.  

Here's a picture of the kids on the first day of school.

Emma gets on the bus a whole hour and a half before Christian and Lindsey.  Lindsey couldn't sleep any longer on the first day so she was up with Emma.


And Lindsey again with Christian


So far, so good with school.  Things went much better than last year for Lindsey. No skinned knees and no long walks down the road. Her new teacher even let the class go in when it was too hot. Her teacher last year never did that. And, her new teacher lets her draw when she finishes her work which her teacher last year wouldn't let her do.  Things are good.  

Emma started jr. high. Woo hoo. She was nervous the first day, but everything is going great. She even had her first stomp. She caught a cold that night though and wondered if she got it at the stomp? I'm surprised at how quickly not only our family got sick once school started, but many other families too. It doesn't take long for the bugs to spread!

Christian likes his teacher and class. He's doing great.

That's a wrap.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Emma looks very mature in this photo. Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...