Aaron likes to turn off all the lights and lie under the tree with the kids and tell them stories. Brooke joined in on the fun the other night when the lights went out.
A few years ago we started playing ispy with the Christmas tree ornaments. I can't remember how it started, but that is one thing we enjoy doing. I say "enjoy" because it's generally fun, but I won't lie and say the kids don't fight about who's turn it is next the whole game. You know how it is....
And finally here's the salt dough ornaments we made and painted over the weekend. My clever sister Carly made some of her own and since I always want to make whatever she's making we tried it out. I usually hesitate to paint with the kids because of the mess, but I was well prepared and in a good mood and we had a really good time.
I'd like to share some Christmas favorites next time if there is a next time. I'm trying really hard not to get too overwhelmed by all that I could and want to do this holiday. So, I might write and I might not.



4 comments:
hi Nik! Looks so magical we will have to try lying under the Christmas tree :) So, we also made salt dough ornaments but half of which are already broken, I can't blame it on our toddler because i broke as many as he did! What is your secret? Did you bake yours?
Yes, we baked ours at 200 degrees for 6 hours. Some of them were still a little soft after all that. Maybe that's why they didn't break? I didn't follow the recipe exactly because I ran out of salt so I wasn't even sure if they were going to turn out. Anyways...
thanks for the tip :) we will give it a try next year...this year we are content with the lights and 5 ornaments on the tree :) Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful post about Christmas! Love it. Merry Merry Christmas Nik!
We have been reading our bedtime books by the light of our little bedroom tree. Fun stuff.
Post a Comment