Have you ever wondered what an entire gallon of milk spilled on the floor looks like? Maybe you've seen one. I've actually seen two in the past month. I know you're never supposed to cry over spilled milk, but I'm sorry, I did. It's not what you think though.
Lindsey has an unusual talent for pouring drinks. I've seen her pour a full, heavy gallon of milk or jug of juice without spilling a drop. Because she has developed some confidence in that area when the milk ran out this morning she didn't think twice about going to the fridge and getting another gallon. I had gone out to the car to look for my phone that Emma so desperately needed to use and on my way out the door I thought I heard a thud. In my head I thought something was probably spilled in the kitchen.
When I came back in I learned that it was worse than I had imagined. Lindsey was trying to explain to me what happened as I looked at the lake of milk on the floor. Apparently she had carried this heavy jug on her head and when she tried to ease it down to the counter the weight of it made it crash on the stool and the jug cracked spilling the milk. I don't think I yelled, but I was upset and told her she should have asked for help.
She went to her room in tears. When she tried to come back to the kitchen I hurried her off to the bathroom to comb her hair and reminded her that she might miss the bus if she didn't hurry. All I could do was look at the lake on the floor and wonder where to start. Before I could do anything I had to take a picture. This was going down in the record books. With taking pictures and trying to get Emma out the door I realized Lindsey had already left. She left without our usual goodbye hug and kiss and as I thought more about it, she probably thought I was angry with her. How could she go to school like this?
As I mopped and mopped I couldn't get this fact out of my mind. I started to feel guilt and regret and it got worse and worse. I decided I had to call the school and talk to her. The secretary was nice enough to get her on the phone and when she got on the phone the flood gates opened. I was not expecting this at all, but I could barely talk to her through my tears. She was probably wondering what all the fuss was about, but I had to tell her I loved her and I was sorry. I was so dramatic!
I am having such a hard time controlling these emotions of mine! Blame it on the pregnancy, right? It seems like the floodgates open without any warning these days. I'm hoping I'm done for the week. No more crying over spilled milk.
Looking on the bright side.............................
Aaron purchased these flowers for me to beautify my table for the brunch and they are such a bright spot in my house They make me smile all day. I love them!


No comments:
Post a Comment