Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorable

Today we had a busy day celebrating Memorial Day and it was such a great day.  Memorial Day isn't a big holiday like some of the others in terms of preparations and activities, but today I realized how much I LOVE this holiday. For me this holiday is about celebrating family.  I love meeting with extended family to remember those that have gone on before us. It's about being connected as families forever, not just for now.  I feel that strongly when I'm with my family in the cemeteries that we visit.
In honor of the day I'd like to share some pictures of the past celebrations.

I love the flowers of memorial day


And the patriotic program...


And the kids plugging their ears during the firing of the guns



And the same song played by the same person every year for the program. Even though it's the same it wouldn't be right any other way. I love it!

The small town program can't be beat.

I love watching my parents and grandma talking to all the "old timers" It's like a great big reunion for the town.



And my most favorite part is seeing family




We also love being with Aaron's family for Memorial Day

Ger must be telling us one of his funny stories







And finally...we tried to get a picture of most of the grandkids on Aaron's side today. This is the only picture I got of the day.



Such a good day. I'm feeling so grateful for my family and so happy to be connected.

1 comment:

lannandem said...

hey Nikki, thanks for your comment on our blog:) I love your memorial day post, i agree, it is such a special holiday. Family is the best! and i love that we are related too:) Happy Summer to you too!